Skip to main content

Duck quack while eagle roar


 I was waiting in line for a ride at the airport ,when a cab polled up,the first thing i noticed was that the taxi was polished to a bright shine , smartly dressed in a white shirt , black tie and freshly pressed black slacks
   The cab driver jumped out and rounded the car to open the back passenger door for me. He handed me a laminated card and said ,im Malik your driver,while I'm loading your bags in the trunk,I'd like you to read my mission statement;taken aback,i read the card,it said ; Malik's mission statement;to get my customers to their destinations​ in the quickest,safest and cheapest way possible in a friendly environment,this blew me away especially when i noticed that the inside of the cab matched the outside spotlessly clean

    As he slid behind the wheel,Malik said , would you like a cup of coffee?, I have a thermos of regular and one of decaf , i said jokingly!,no I'd prefer a soft drink,Malik smiled and said ,no problems,i have a cooler up front with regular and diet coke,lassi,water and orange juice ,. Almost stuttering,i said i will take lassi,handing me my drink, Malik said,if you would like something to read,i have vanguard,thisday,and sun newspapers ,as we were pulling away,Malik handed me another​ laminated card 🔊, there are the stations i get and the music they play if you would like to listen to the radio

    And as if that weren't enough,Malik told me that he had the air-conditioning on and asked if the temperature was comfortable for me,then he advised me the best route to my destination at that time of the day,he also let me know that he would be happy to chat and tell me about some of the sights or if i preferred to me with my own thoughts,tell me Malik,i interrupted amazingly , have you always served customers like this Malik smiled into a rear view mirror
   'no ,not always infact it's only been in the last two years,my first five years driving,i spent most of my time complaining like all the rest of the cab drivers do
   
   Then i heard about power of choice one day.
power of choice is that you can be a duck or an eagle ,if you wake up in the morning expecting to have a bad day you will rarely disappoint yourself
     Don't be a duck,be an eagle, ducks quack and complain,
eagle soar above the crowd ,that hit me right said Malik ,it is about me ,i was always quacking and complaining , so I decided to change my attitude and become an eagle.i looked around at the other cabs and their drivers ,the cabs were dirty and the drivers were unfriendly and customers were not happy so i decided to make some changes.i put in few at a time,when my customers responded well,i did more .i take it had paid off handsomely i said
  It sure had Malik replied ,my first year as an eagle,i doubled my income from the previous years ,this year i will probably quadruple it

 My customers calls me for appointments​ on my cellphone or leave message on it
      Malik made a different choice ,he decided to stop quacking like ducks and started soaring like eagle
   You don't die if you fall in water ,you die if you don't swim .Make a positive decision today
By the team

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips to get USA visa for Nigerians

  Lots of nigerians if not millions of  Nigerians has this going to  America in back of their minds, if not that sometimes it seems impossible mission for many .       Comrades ,yes going to USA seems impossible but its one of the best country/embassy you can go and get your visa without much stress,I said without much stress because American Embassy is real ,accessible and listens . They're strict yes but simple if you can afford their requirements ,do you know that the bank statements,the CEO of the company's sponsorship letter that you brought along to the embassy are not been looked on by the Embassy's interviewers ?      The USA embassy do no entertain too much drama,they are psychologists who monitors your body language and decide whether or not to grant you visa most times without crosschecking your documents.     So some of these few tips can help you to go about your USA visa and complete your dreams    My story as a young Nigeria traveller :          

Officially,Linda Ikeji is single again

According to news from @officiallindaikeji blog and Instagram,she is no more in relationship with the supposed husband      The picture was posted this morning from Linda Ikeji where she shared a picture of her  cute baby Jayce and herself and at the second line where she shared the bomb news..., according to her,Sholaye Jeremi ,a Nigerian billionaire she met in a restaurant in ikoye Lagos last 3 yesrs,2015 to be precise is the father of her son ,but as thihst stands ,they re no more together whcoh according to her was because yhe said dad of the her son was not comfortable with the fact that Linda is a public figure and as that' stands ,may affect his personal life    According to the news In Linda ikejis blog,both partners were happy to receive the good news of the her pregnancy and plans were on the way for traditional marriage which later did not yeild fruits  She said ,the said hubby to be ,dad to Cute Jayce started acting funny,stopped calling her ,sent message that l

Hard work

You can make some money accidentally,but you can't become wealthy by just that Wealth always come by hardwork